Tuesday 8 March 2011

Tag: How much Is my Face Worth?


My first tag post! I saw this on a few blogs and was really curious to find out just how much damage I do to my purse in the name of investing in a ‘good face’. I’ve decided to combine my normal skin care routine (day and night) with a typical makeup look to give a good estimate.
Note, all numbers in brackets indicate my colour match, in case you’re interested.
Skin care
Day:
Clinique Liquid Facial Soap £13
Natio Rosewater and Chamomile gentle skin toner £8
Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Skin serum £30.64
Lancome Primordiale Skin Recharge £49.02
Lancome Colour Ideal foundation (010) £28.09 (mixed in with the Skin Recharge)
Lancome Genifique eye cream £36.77
The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Reviver £13
Night:
Clinique Take the Day Off makeup remover £14.50
Simple cream cleanser £3-ish
or Sanctuary Polishing Hot Cloth £10.20
Clinique Clarifying Lotion (Type 2) £23
Lancome Genifique eye cream
Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee serum £25-ish
Purity Regenerating Overnight moisturiser £8
L’Oreal Lash Renewal serum £11.29
 Makeup (I’m quite minimalist here, so hopefully it won’t be too much!)
Benefit Boiing concealer (01) £16.50
Benefit High Beam £18.50
Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow/liner in Sippin’ n dippin’ or samda dy loves me £14
Eyeshadows varies a lot but my go-to when rushed/uninspired is the Urban Decay Naked Palette £27
Diorshow Extase mascara (sample) free
No 7 Amazing eyes pencil (05 black) £7 something when I bought it a few years back
Blush: varies – currently rotating Mac cream blush in Poesy, Cargo Beach blush in Miami, Laura Geller, Nars multiple... let’s whack a £17 estimate on this!
Lipstick/lipgloss: Loving Nyx lipsticks and glosses at the minute, as well as Too Faced Mirror gloss and Lancome Juicy Tubes, so let’s say a total of £10.


So that’s pretty much it. *Roots around drawer for calculator and whack numbers in*
The grand total of my face is worth....


...After seeing the cumulative Lancome purchases I’ve made over the months, I’m actually a tad worried now...I could have bought a designer handbag with that money!


*drum rolls please*


£382.47

Oh gad...that’s terrible! I know a lot of it comes from my skincare routine, which I hate to be frugal about, but still...
My only justification would be that I’m quite conserved with all the products and only use the minimal amount necessary for my skin, so they can last longer. Plus I only make Lancome purchases during GWP seasons, so I can get some samples of items I’ve tried before and love, like the Hydrazen moisturiser.
However, given my addiction to makeup too, I know my blush collection alone is worth somewhere in the regions of £200+ (Simply Mac: 3 MSFs, 1 Beauty Powder, 2 powder blush, 1 cream = ~ £140).
The great and bad thing with makeup is that items are so small and don’t seem so expensive when individually priced, so even when you’ve indulged in a £26 Mac Pink Power MSF from the Wonderwoman collection, it doesn’t seem too much. Then you go and add up everything you’ve spent in the past few months and the total sky rocket.
I really should go on a Project 10 Pan, but I know I’ll never finish up any item at all, except mascaras because I just chuck these after the expiration date. My tastes are fickle and it’s so hard to focus all my attention on a single colour in order to use it up. Anyone else have the same problem?
This post would probably be more accurate if it was ‘How much are you worth?’ I spend quite a large amount on body care (moisturisers, scrubs, bath items, shower gels...) and hair products too, so all in all, I probably waste 80% (if not more) of my money on beauty-related items.
Ok, just to share this double-edged beauty wake-up call, I tag everyone who’s reading this to do a similar post and let me know what your total is! Don’t forget to come back and let me know, so I can check it out too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...