Monday 14 March 2011

My Top 5 Clinique Products

Following my massive splurge on recent Glamour magazines to get my mitts on the free Clinique goodies, I thought it’d be nice to make a list of all the Clinique products I’ve tried over the last few years which I’ve enjoyed. It’ll hopefully give you some inspiration for when you go past the counter next time a Bonus Time event is happening. I have bought these items full priced at Clinique counters, so have tested them out for quite a while now and am confident in my assessment and preference.


My absolute favourite is the Take the Day Off makeup remover (£14.50). It’s a bi-phase makeup remover and very effective. I prefer this to the No 7 Cleanse Eye care makeup remover and it’s as effective as the Lancome Bi-facial, whilst being £3 cheaper. I simply soak a pad with this and put it on my lids for a second or two, before wiping away. It has yet to leave me with panda eyes before bed.



A close favourite is the All About Eyes eye cream (£22.50), which is a rich, moisturising balm that absorbs quickly, without residue. According to Clinique, it holds makeup in place too. I always wore primer on my lids before shadows, so can’t comment on how effective this is as a primer. When I switched to a Natio day and night eye cream duo, I got a few flaky dry spots on my eye area that I didn’t have before. All About Eyes sorted that out quickly.

I love the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (£30). It has a gel like texture which reminds me of the Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel, and absorbs as quickly to give the skin a light, refreshed but still moisturised feeling. The Thirst Relief has a longer hydration period than the Dramatically Different gel though.  

The SPF35 Targeted Protection Stick (15.50) is fantastic now that the sun’s coming back. I couldn’t find an eye cream with built in SPF protection, so decided to go for this. I wear it over my eye makeup and have to apply it carefully in order not to smudge the shadows. However, when it’s on, it’s on! It’s water- and sweat-proof, so good for holidays too.

I really like the Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturiser (£15) too. It made a difference to the size of my breakouts when I applied it over-night, but not dramatic enough to warrant a repurchase after I finished it. I did enjoy using it though, as you can see in my ‘A de-potting exercise!’ post, when I tried to salvage as much as I could from an empty tube. It sunk in beautifully and left my skin matte, which was nice especially for daytime.


I’m not very keen on the Clinique makeup range. The shadows are quite nice in terms of colour, but rather sheer. After Mac and Urban Decay, I’m more inclined towards punchier pigmentation. The lipsticks are nice and moisturising, so feel free to check that out. The one product I can absolutely not stand is Long Last Gloss Wear – I own two and both feel tacky on my lips. Every time I apply, it feels like I’m smoothing a prick-stick tube over my lips and I end up with extreme stickiness.

So there you have it! Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? Or do you have other recommendations? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to follow!

Cassie xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...