Friday 4 March 2011

Top Celebrity Beauty Buys from £2!

I spotted this slideshow feature on the Marie Claire website and clicked through the 25 products current celebs love and rave about. I picked out 5 of my favorites which I’ve tried before to share with you guys. If you want to check out all 25, click here.


Cheryl Cole

Loves: Vaseline Lip Therapy stick, £2.03 and L’oreal Glam Shine Reflexion in Sheer Cassis, £6.99.



Vaseline is such a cult product, isn’t it? The original blue tin one was my first lip balm ever and I used it for at least five years to moisturize my lips overnight, before I got bored and discovered Boots Lip Wonderbalm. I love the new stick formula and the fact that it contains great ingredients like pro-vitamin E. However, I still prefer a lip balm that contains a lil’ bit less of petroleum, since that taste irritates me so much.

The L’oreal Glam Shine lipgloss is great! Smooth application, fantastic pigmentation and non-sticky wear. My lips feel slick and light after application. I would estimate it lasts more than 4 hours on me, but it’s hard to say since I always wipe off any lip product before eating as I hate the feeling of crumbs stuck to any product.


Leighton Meester

Loves: Benefit Benetint, £23.50



She says that 'It creates the most natural flush.’

I totally agree with Leighton that the Benetint is a fab product, but I actually prefer its little sister – Posietint, which I tried out during my Benefit evening on Tuesday. I think the pink would suit more skin tones and be easier to carry off.

The stain is long lasting and fades pretty evenly. I still had to apply a lipbalm over the top as I’ve tried lips, but low maintenance girls can use this from day to night without need for reapplications.


Jessica Alba

Loves: Epsom salts, £2.15


She says she ‘adds them to the bath along with eucalyptus essential oil to ease water retention.'

I love all sorts of bath products and have a selection to suit my mood, be they bubbly and fun or natural and soothing. Something really has to be said for the medicinal qualities of bath salts though. I don’t know if it’s because of the minerals in the salt crystals which give these benefits or if it’s purely a placebo effect, but my muscles feel more relaxed using bath salts.

Also, my mum loves the Dead Sea sea salts (around £6 for 1 kg at Boots) for occasional joint paints when the weather is damp and cold.


Fergie
Loves: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, £23



She says 'It's so versatile. I use it on my skin and lips.'


To be honest, Vaseline is rather similar since it's mainly petroleum and the 8 hours cream contains ~55% petroleum, but there’s also salicylic acid, vitamin E and corn oil. Perhaps it's the the price that makes me think its more effective.



Let me know in the comments below what you think of these tips! Are there any cheap products worthy of sharing?

2 comments:

KraftinMommy said...

LOVE your blog! So cute!

Check mine out if you ever get a chance :)

Love,
Ashley

ashleyborysewich.blogspot.com

ShimmerDreamz said...

I'm glad you like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...