Friday 25 February 2011

Wanna steal Barbie’s pout?

Well, do yah?
I bought the Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout a few weeks back in Boots, when they had the £2 off deal and I was in need to lipstick comfort.
According to the good Revlon people, the lipstick range is supposed to ‘glide effortlessly across lips, depositing rich, beautiful matte colour without any drag, cakiness or resistance.’ Doesn’t it sound beautiful? Power of advertising for you, but let’s go on to the actual product, shall we?
The packaging is plastic, but nice and solid, with a clear transparent top on the lid so you can easily spot the colour in your stash. The colour is a pretty, light pink with a hint of mauve to make it more wearable.


In the photo, both the swatch and bullet appears a tad more mauve whilst on my lips, the pink really shines through. This is reflective of how lighting affects the lipstick shade and I believe demonstrates truly how wearable it is for everyone.



Application-wise, I’ve got to warn you that it isn’t something you can slick on and dash out. As the finish is matte, any dryness on your lips will be exaggerated. I’ve highlighted the tiny portion on my lips with showed horrid flakiness because I didn’t exfoliate properly. I recommend applying lip balm first, blot it off, and then apply lipstick. This way, the lipstick applies smoothly and gives me a great matte, pink look that seems natural and fresh.

It lasted nicely into the day and survived around 4 hours of wear, in which I continuous drank water. This is probably due to its matte nature and the tendency to stick to the skin, as opposed to some creamier or shimmer lip formulas that slide right off.

Review Summary
Packaging: 7/10 (Nice and sturdy, with convenient see-through top)
Cost: £7.49
Formula: 8/10 (You need extra preparation steps. If exfoliated and moisturised properly, the lipstick glides on smoothly and gives beautiful colour pigmentation and long lasting wear. Otherwise, flake-city beware!)
Final Verdict: I really like this colour but I probably won’t repurchase this colour as I’ve yet to finish off any lipsticks, hence won’t need a backup. However, the matte finish is really natural and perfect for low-key looks, so will be purchasing more colours in Revlon’s Matte range.

2 comments:

xXMaNdAXx said...

I love this lipstick!! It really does give you a barbie pink pout!! totally gorgeous xoxo

http://www.blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

ShimmerDreamz said...

@Amanda, I really love this colour! I'm planning to wear this as much as I can when it's still cold, since brights will be coming back into play soon ^^ Can't wait to rock a coral lip when the sun's out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...