Monday 28 February 2011

America’s Next Top Model Inspired Look


I am addicted to American shows and prefer hearing the American accent on screen. It has come to the stage where I am not even used to hearing a British accent on my laptop and have to do a double take when I do.
I’m not sure how many of you girls watched the first episode of ANTM Cycle 16, but it started last week. It’s rather hard to imagine how Tyra plans to top Cycle 15, but she’s definitely trying to prevent everything from becoming predictable.
Every time I watch ANTM, I’m astounded by how beautiful the models look and simply adore all the dramatic makeup they sometimes rock. For this week’s challenge, the look was simpler and this inspired me to do something similar. Take Molly's example – due to the lighting and the black and white photograph, you can hardly tell she’s wearing any makeup and this is what I wanted to achieve.



Here’s the final look:



Eyes:
UDPP
Mac Cut to Fit (crease)
Clinique Colour surge eyeshadow duo in Pink Slate
Nyx Latte Foam
Too Faced Liquif-Eye shadow collection Exclusive and Full Fontal
No 7 Amazing Eyes Pencil in Black
Diorshow Extase mascara in Black Extase
Face:
Benefit Boiing concealer
Cargo Beach Blush in Miami Beach ( 4 colours, used for contour, blush and highlight)
Lips:
Burt’s Bees pomegranate lip balm


I took several photos with different positions and lighting to show how it can look softened according to lighting. What do you think?

I also curled my hair using a straightener as it’s been a while – I’ve been using a curling wand for the past few months.
All in all, I’m really pleased with the result. Comment below and tell me what you think of this look or the current cycle of ANTM (I keep wanting to type ‘season’ and have to delete it!).  

1 comment:

Fee - Makeup Savvy said...

Thanks for leaving the link to this post on my own blog :) really nice post.

I don't actually watch ANTM sadly as I don't have sky anymore...though I use to love it!

Definitely think you have the look spot on - how you have smoked out the eyes only subtly and everything looks very natural. Really like it:)

Fee x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...