Friday 11 February 2011

Weekend Wonders


My package from my recent Debenhams haul arrived yesterday and I was really excited to try them out.

I really enjoyed using the Bliss Best of skintentions moisturiser (SPF 15) today as it's a light moisturiser which sinks in quickly without leaving any greasy residue. It's not as intensive as my Lancome Priomordiale Skin Recharge but it will be nice to rotate between the two on a daily basis.


It's really easy to mix a bit of Lancome Colour Ideal foundation with either of the two moisturisers and create a tinted, semi-flawless look. For a normal school day, I find it too bothersome to apply a full face of makeup, plus I feel my face need to look somewhat tired, even if just to convince my tutors I'm actually studying and not spending all my free time primping! Therefore a tinted moisturiser is best - it hides the worst of my skin's redness without going overboard.

----------

On a personal note, I'm so glad that it's the weekend. School work is piling up so it won't be 100% relaxation, but I've less than two more years before I graduate. Of course, internship pressure followed by job hunt is to come, so I'm won't be entirely off the stress-market. However, I really want to move away from the academic educational side for a little while and experience something new. After all, I've spent most of my life (like the majority of the population) in school, whether it is primary, secondary, Sixth Form or university.

Anyway, here are my Weekend Wonders:

1. Not waking until 11am because there will be no builders outside hammering away at 8.30am. Today, it was a loud delivery truck what wouldn't shut off its engines.

2. Eating brunch simply because I woke up this late. Followed by lunch.

3. Taking time to fully exfoliate, cleanse, tone, apply serum and moisturiser. There's something so relaxing about a long facial routine! If I remember, I might just pop a facemask on too.

4. Having the time in the world to browse around the shops (eg. Boots) without constantly checking the time to see if I'm going to be late.

5. Not going to sleep until 4am simply because I don't have to get up so early anyway.

---------

So there you have it: my Top 5 Weekend Wonders. Let me know about yours!

xoxo Cassie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...